Wow, I can't beleive its Day 17 so soon! at this pace my exam isn't very far at all, and I have so much more to study. I had finally completed the Reading comprehension section (It was about time). Got started on the og, beginning with the diagnostic test, I must say that I found the few questions I attempted very tricky, trickier than kaplan. None the less, I got started on the OG atleast, that is what matters. I still need to go back to kaplan to finish the sentence correction chapter and the word problem chapter.
In my last post I did an elaborate calculation to analyze how much effort I need to put in every day to complete the official guide, and I realize now that no matter how much you plan analyze and anticipate the amount of work to be done, life throws you into such situations that you are forced to compromise on the plans. Its the way life works and I'm beginning to accept it instead of letting myself get all worked up about it.
I have been uber busy with work since my previous post and I had to spend all the past week nights in the office, coding every minute. After working my brain all day, I couldn't really motivate myself to get started on the gmat prep at all :( . I could have probably dragged myself to focus on the book but that would have been at the expense of my sleep, so I decided not to. But such a behavior will need alteration. Will have to sleep when I'm tired but I must get up at 6 consistently every day and devote a nice 1hr to the prep, esp since my exam is in the morning, I have to train my brain to start up at the same time given that I'm not a morning person.
So, to summarize - RULE 1) Wake up at 6 every morning - Doesn't matter when I sleep.
RULE 2) Understand that I won't be able to study as much as I would like to, so take it slow, one day at a time, no practice today? that's okay too, but do your best tomorrow.
Now, What about completing OG in a month? seems like a herculean task at present and I feel like I won't even be able to complete it by the nov 26th which is when my exam is. Yes, I'm scared about this realization, but I have no other option other than opening the book and studying it cover to cover.
Of the 17 days of prep, I think only 8 should be accounted as study time, the remaining 9 are useless, with no progress done. So here's hoping to a fresh start again. Need to disconnect that damn TV again, it seems to have found its way back into the power socket.
My plan for today is to complete Math diagnostic test in OG, that is it, nothing more nothing less.
Keep at it Cecilia. Working and studying is super difficult and you're not alone - think of it this way... it's building your strength to be a responsible, organized and trained MBA student when you're in - b/c even in MBA school you'll have to deal with life and school.
ReplyDeleteAlso, during a work day, the most I get in is 1.5 hrs. So don't sweat it if you don't get in a lot. Aim for at least 30 min per day.