Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Week 1 - Resetting the counter

Time for some reality check again - I'm clearly unable to keep up with daily posts with my schedule so tied up. Decided I'll do one  update for a week. There is simply no point cribbing to write a post when you don't have anything done that day.
Weekly posts will serve as a check point to see if I acheived what I'm supposed to acheive in 7 days or not, in my case its 210 pages of OG. And also a check on the rules.

So this week's check:

Day 1 Mon - Busy with work, but I still booked my gmat exam, my deadline for MBA application is approaching so I had to book it early so I could reserve a slot. Down side - very less time to prepare, exam is early in the morning and I'm not a morning person,  anddd its right after thanksgiving, will I ever be able to stop myself thinking about turkey or sweet potatoes? don't think so. That is the reason why I'm assuming my exam is on 23rd - 26th area and not on 29th which is when my exam actually is.

Day 2 Tue - Another busy day at work, no studying done.

Day 3 Wed - The madness at work lessens because of beta release, eased into my comfort zen mode, where in I have a bazillion things to do but I still can't motivate myself to do due to the smugness of the fact that a HUGE load has been lifted off my chest. Read Eric Bahn's blog, very inspiring, the blog in itself shouts HARD WORK!, I noticed that he acheives the target of 30 pages per day consistently and that he is basically smart to begin with anyway, he begins with a 690 score and lands at 720.. I am right now in the range of 540 -560... my goal is to atleast reach a decent 660 - 690 number... a plus of atleast 100, I know I can pull it off as at the time I took the test, I didn't remember basic formulae, with PRACTICE I'm sure I can up the score by atleast  50% in math. Printed out the famous error tracking grid excel sheet from beatthegmat.com site. Completed 24 Q of diagnostic Problem Solving.

Day 4 Thu - RULE1 - Yes, woke up at 6AM diligently, showered  and got started on diagnostic DS from OG. was able to complete only first 5, was dozing on and off on the book :(. Completed the Diagnostic math by evening none the less, scored average in PS and DS, was shocked as I felt I got most of the PS right, they were tricky but certainly not tough!, Need to follow up on answers and mark it on the grid before they vaporize. Slept at 1AM finally

Day 5 Fri - RULE1 - NO, Although I got up at 6AM, dozed off in the shower, my looser attidue constantly allured me to go back to bed for the warm cozy sheets, I gave up after resisting for half an hour and slept from 6:30 to 9AM! Unacceptable! 1 precious morning gone waste.. None the less, I will try and complete atleast half of diagnostic math analysis, make notes and revise. Got a bunch of chores to run in the evening, doubtful of how much analysis I will get done. MUST SLEEP BY 11PM, should get accustomed to postpoing any work that I do that time to next morning.

WEEKEND PLAN TARGET - Complete OG diagnostic test, complete result analysis. Complete 1 GMATprep test monday morning.

Future Day 6 Sat - Follow RULE1, - begin with diagnostic verbal, I will be doozy but I will have to try. Complete as much of it as I can. Keep myself in the bedroom or come to office to avoid the football mania in living room. Begin prep for a dinner party of 6,  by 3PM, finish up by 7 or 8pm, wind up the party by 1 or 2 at max, but must wake up at 7 atleast the next day.

Future Day 7 Sun - [ONE CHALLENGING DAY!] RULE1 exempted due to party on previous night. But get to library by 8am, Take GMATprep test. Right from AWA and attempt all sections. No excuses allowed. I know I will be feeling lethargic,sleepy, wanting to treat myself to the warmth of the bed but NO, I got to take the test at 8AM, as it will be the same on Nov 29th. Get back home (IGNORE THE HUBBY and THE FOOTBALL on TV), eat, gym and sit back for test result analysis, record results on the grid and revise notes. Work on OG and get diagnostic test and reult analysis done by night. If the plan is accomplished successfully then steal a late night dessert with the hubby (Sigh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment